Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
Today I de-magnatized the down tubes of the cabin frame and the area immediatly in front of where the magnetic compass will sit, after checking the area I found I was successful in the de-magnetising process.
For information purposes to other builders I purchased a small hand held de-magnitizer unit from McMaster-Carr for $84.00 and it only took about 6 minutes to do the job. Word of caution I was careful to keep my distance from my Dynon D10A as it has an internal magnatometer that could have been damaged.
I also extended the inside door handles as it was hard for me to reach them in thier original configuration, this also provided an additional protection from opening in flight as they rest along side the seat.
We started to drain the fuel for an updated weight and balance because we found an error in the previous one and do want to get a correct W&B before the next taxi test.
Although progress had been slow it has been methodical and I feel more confident about the next set of tests which will probably come next week.
Had a great time at the Zenith dinner at Air Venture, it was great to see and talk to the other 801 builders and swap info, we even included a 701 driver just to show we were not a disagreeable bunch. We missed Ben Haas as he was in town but had another committment. Larry Landucci as always was very helpful, it is really great to have people like Larry to share information with, and hope we can make the Zenith factory Fly In together in September.