The Viking Steel Bungee was developed from customer requests:
"I have a flying CH-701 at present and was always wondering how to improve the bungee on the nose wheel strut. I have added a…
Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
Just got the first review on a flying "Steel Bungee"
"Yesterday I flew Rick's 750 with the new spring and what an amazing difference!"
We now have a bunch of hours on our own "Steel Bungee" and also have the V-shaped nylon block milled flat. I have tried to introduce rudder flutter to see if I could loose the rudder at VNE and all other speeds but it is just fine.
The suspension is now actually moving up and down, rather than mostly being locked into the top…Continue
I am looking for drawing for towing hook for 701 , is someone who can help me with this ?
Added by Andrzej Kostkiewicz on December 12, 2014 at 7:43am — No Comments
Anybody have info on prop pitch I have a 80hp rotax 912 with GSC 3 blade wood 68 inch on my 701 with low RPM 4400 is max. Wondering what degree i should use at the tip for short field takeoff and more RPM. Thanks
Take a look at his nice workmanship. Bob has a CH-650 and also a CH-750 and has gone steel bungee on each.
Added by VIKING AIRCRAFT ENGINES on December 6, 2014 at 3:45pm — No Comments
Finished the last of the slats on November 6th. The wing kit is now here and I hope to start assembly this weekend.
I finally have finished all that can be completed here in my garage. Soon, I will move all the parts to Sunrise Beach airport, Texas, for re-assembly and to get ready for the FAA airworthiness inspection.
Added by Cliff Stripling on December 4, 2014 at 10:13am — No Comments
Rec'd cylinder heads a few days ago, but from Azalea Aviation in Ga. Mine are still in Wisconsin. Heads look super good. Excellent work done on them, and it didn't take a year. Have the new engine mount installed and it is supporting the motor. Panel is cut and instruments are ready to be mounted. Got the new lower starter, too. I'll be able to finish the engine now and locate the wires and hoses as I go. Wife working on interior. She wants cup holders and glove compartment. (Sigh!) I'll…Continue
Shifted focus back to the spar web doubler yesterday and today. Have pre-mounted to the spar and cut and pre-mounted the strut angle. Thanks to Timothy Aanerud for his advice on the strut angle cuts and photos of the entire assembly! I have to admit his strut angles look better than mine!
Added by David A. Judkins on November 26, 2014 at 7:14pm — No Comments
Flew with a 17 year old that I helped get his pilot license. He has about 70 plus hours now and let him fly the 750. He did extremely well with his first dirt road landing and take off from a soft field. I think he did an excellent job on the video with music and the video editing. Enjoy!!!
Could someone post front and rear views of their completed wing spars? I am particularly interested in close-ups where the Spar Web Doubler and Spar Root Doubler are mounted. Thanks in advance.
spars.jpgI finished up my wing spars tonight, all in all it was an easy build. My transmission went out on the Explorer and is gonna cost 1500.00 bucks to fix........ So that will delay my next and last aluminum order for a few months. Time to make wing ribs and tidbits.
Now I am looking for a flying "N" numbered 801 so I can put it on Amphibs!
This week I returned from an awesome trip down to Barnwell, SC to attend William Wynne's Corvair College. Read about it in my blog here: Barnwell, SC…
anyone have a nsi ea81 engine mount for 601 or 750 for sale? thanks Todd
Less Goldner on a 3,300 mile Viking CH-701 Flight with friends
My 55 hour, 3300 mile flight in my Viking HF110 powered Zenith CH701 STOL plane last month.
To summarize, three of us followed rivers and river canyons from the San Francisco area to Yellowstone NP, Canyonlands NP, and the Grand Canyon. We flew between from 50’ AGL to 11,000 feet altitudes, mostly in river canyons, camped out, and had a great time. The Viking engine performed very well during the entire…Continue
I had been waiting for the wind to go down for two weeks. I finally had an evening where I felt it was low enough to do the test ride. It flew out with plenty of climb. It ran a little too cool and the left wing felt a little heavy. The trim worked. I got up to 120KTS while in the pattern, so I slowed it down and did some pattern work after I got higher.
I nailed the landing. She is a good flier.