We're planning for yet another Oshkosh AirVenture: July 20 - 26, 2015. This year will be full of activities once again - we hope you can join us!
Here is a summary of the planned Zenith activities. Whether you're a current builder or owner, or just looking at starting on your own project, there's always something for Zenith builders at Oshkosh!
- Since last year's highly successful One Week Wonder project, how do we top it this year at AirVenture?
EAA has announced their "Give Flight" project where five (5) complete sets of wings will be started during the week at Oshkosh AirVenture, to be donated to EAA Chapters (to be taken home after the show to become part of a group-built airplane). We're thrilled that EAA has asked Zenith Aircraft Company to provide three sets of wings for the Give Flight project. Three new Zeniths will be started at Oshkosh this summer, with the help of volunteers!
As with the One Week Wonder project (where a complete Zenith CH 750 Cruzer was built in less than seven days), we're going to need a lot of help to get the six wings built (in about as many days!).
- STOL Demonstrations: Zenith's Roger Dubbert will participate in the Valdez STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) demonstrations at Oshkosh in a yet-to-be-announced Zenith STOL airplane!
- Zenith Builder Dinner and Banquet: Organized expertly once again by Zenith builder and Oshkosh resident Joe Scheibinger , we're already looking forward to another great evening: Make plans to attend the Zenith Builder's Banquet. Once again the Zenith Builders Banquet will be held at the Elks Lodge in Oshkosh (with very comfortable seating for over 250 people, our own private bar, and great food. The banquet will be held on Thursday night, July 23. The bar will open at 5:30 and dinner starts at 7:30. The price of the ticket has been reduced from years past to $20 per person. Visit the Zenith Builder Dinner Facebook page for ticket information or contact Joe directly (920-237-1450, or email firstname.lastname@example.org). As always, there will be a few surprises, and Joe will give more details along along with the door prize list as we near the event...Let us know if there's anything specific you'd like added or included in the program for the evening.
- Zenith Display: Come see us (and the airplanes!) in our regular location in the North Aircraft Display area #641. In addition to our Zenith CH 650 and CH 750 STOL and new CRUZER factory demo planes, we'll have a number of engines on display.
We're also planning to have Joe Zinkel's newly-completed Zenith CH 650 on display, Mark Spencer's awesome STOL CH 750 (with the Avilution panel), and several plans-built Zenith STOL CH 701 airplanes from master builder Scott Ehni.
- Forums: We have a full Forum Schedule where we'll be sharing information on our light aircraft designs, kit construction, and more. Here's the current Schedule of Forums. (Check the official program as the schedule is subject to change).
- Zenith CH 750 - Cruzer and STOL: Build and fly the all-metal light sport kit aircraft the best meets all your requirements, for now and in the future. The CH 750 is a kit airplane with many modern features and great capabilities, and is can be built in under 500 hours.
Wednesday, July 22 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM, Forum Stage 8
Zenith - Homebuilt in Review
Thursday, July 23 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM, Homebuilders Hangar
- Zenith all-metal kit aircraft: Simple to build and easy (and fun) to fly.
Build and fly your own simple all-metal aircraft, from a complete kit, component kits or from scratch. Choose the Zenith model that best meets your requirements: High wing or low wing cruiser.
Thursday, July 23 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM, Forum Stage 10
Zenith CH 650 low-wing cruiser
: Build and fly the all-metal low-wing kit airplane from designer Chris Heintz. The CH 650 is a kit airplane with many modern features and great capabilities, and is can be built in under 500 hours. This design can be scratch-built, and can be powered with many different engines. Friday, July 24 · 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM, Forum Stage 10
- "Engine Day" at the Zenith Booth: Friday, July 24, starting at 10 am. This will be our official "engine day" at AirVenture - to allow you to see the many different available engines to power your Zenith. We've invited all engine manufacturers to participate and to show their engines, and to allow you to speak directly with the manufacturer (or their representative) to ask technical questions about installing and operating their engine in the Zenith. As display space will be somewhat limited, we're concentrating on engines for our two-seaters - 80 to 150 hp.
We're told to expect at least a couple of new engines on display for the first time this year!
Zenith is one of few kit aircraft manufacturers to offer many engine choices to builders, and dozens of different engine types can be found powering Zeniths around the world. New engines and new technology have the potential to increase efficiency and reliability, while also lowering costs and complexity. We're hosting this event to allow builders to make the best informed choice in selecting an engine to power their light aircraft, and to promote and encourage new power technology. View video clip from previous years.
Flying-In: If you're flying in, we invite you to park your Zenith in the reserved Zenith row in the homebuilt aircraft area. (Thanks Joe for organizing this!)
More info about attending AirVenture: Check out the EAA AirVenture website, which has tons of information and resources.
Here are a few links to some past years' AirVentures:
We're looking forward to another fun week in Oshkosh and to meeting with both new and old Zenith builders and enthusiasts!