I'm getting ready to start my upgrade. But, I have a question. What are the FAA and Log Book entry requirements upon completion of the upgrade?

Views: 198

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill, youshould make an entry in your log book, saying that you have incorporated the zenith upgrade modification of the wings and center wing spar supports on this date ddmmyyyy. If you incorporate the aileron balance arm as well another entry specificaly pertaining to that mod needs to be entered as well.
Thanks Glenn. Also, is this a modification requiring a 337 form?
Definitely no 337 forms for experimental. If you are experimental, amatuer built, reference your operating limitations. I called my FSDO rep on this, just be to be sure and he confirmed the following. To paraphrase, my limitations say that if I incorporate a major change as describred in FAR 21.93, then I must make a detailed logbook entry describing the change, fly 5 hours in an approved flight test area, then make a log book entry that looks just like the one we all filled out after our 40 hour flight test was completed. No contact need be made with the FAA, unless you need to have a flight test area established. I am still based in my original flight test area, so I am OK. If I had moved outside my local area, then I would have to contact the responsible FSDO and have one established. That's pretty much it.

As far is this being considered a major change per 21.93, structural change is specifically mentioned, so I am considering it so.

That's my story....

Dave
David,
Thanks for the information. I think I will take this opportunity to change out my power hungry, heavy nav/strobe system to LEDs.
Thanks again...

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service