I was trying to get some insight from others about planning a Cruzer build with components.

I have the tail to start then wings, controls followed by a  quick build fuselage?

Any insight from any one who did the same or maybe not using the quick build fuselage.

I am building my self and so I am trying to save some time.

Views: 799

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Terry, have you concluded you'll get the quick build fuselage?  Any estimate for time to slow build the fuselage from anyone doing the CH750's?  After slow building my RV8 fuselage, i wished i'd spent the money and not time on it. 

Bud:

I have decided on a quick build fuselage. I took an RV riveting class in Oregon and chickened out of the RV 12 or 14 build. That RV 8 sounded tough. I have no estimate on time for CH 750 fuselage.

I am enjoying the tail build with the help of the homebuilder.com DVD folks.

It is a lot like when I trained as a surgeon. See one, do one, and then see if it flies. 

But  I would rather be flying it then saving retirement money for the spouse to spend on the new model.

Terry

It is a lot like when I trained as a surgeon. See one, do one, and then see if it flies

It can be a distinct advantage to have a surgical background when building an EAB!  While the DAR was performing the airworthiness inspection on my STOL 750, I chatted with his wife (also a pilot and knowledgeable about EAB's!) and mentioned I was a retired gynecologist. She then proceeded to look over my plane, walked up to her husband the DAR and said, "After looking at his plane, I'd let him operate on me any time!"   ... I got the Airworthiness Certificate!  ,>)

John

N750A

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service