Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
Today closed up and riveted the top skin and horns. Rechecked the electric trim with a 9v battery, Not happy with the provided cotter pin attachment to the clevis rod as it appears to me to be hazard should it catch on something so I spent extra time laying it down. I notice a lot of openings in this design which is an invitation to insects, mud wasp and what have you. Anyone have ideas in how to fill those openings?…Continue
I have been stuck working on the elevator trim tab. I needed to fabricate the horn and install it in order to adjust the servo push rod and ran into a problem with the drawing of the horn. It does not fit the clevis of the RCS-7 Clevis kit supplied with the CH601 kit. I worked to modify the horn to fit the clevis, positioned it and drilled ready for rivets…Continue
Finished the stabilizer today by adding the plastic ribs. Probably took longer then it should, however, I found an error with the rear spar attachment plate and needed to order a new part, rebuild it. Beyond that getting the skeleton and top skin to cooperate took practically a whole day until I was satisfied. Replacement parts for the elevator are in so I will return to that part of the project.…Continue
The elevator is on hold waiting for replacement parts. Tried to salvage it but it was beyond me.
I moved on to the stabilizer and finished the skeleton tonight. Skills are getting better. Had trouble with the hand rivet gun from Zenith. It stopped working. Took it apart and removed all the aluminum dust, oiled it up, and it is working again. Otherwise, no issues so far with the stabilizer.…Continue