Zenith Zodiac CH 601 HD, Exp/AB from plans, 2004.      $42,500.

Lycoming O-235-C1 engine, 115 HP, with 244 hours SMOH.

Special feature - second set of wings - Zenith factory built, prototype, 25' span, tapered, outer wings (currently installed).  These beautiful wings are a one-of-a-kind, never marketed, preliminary design, between the HD and the HDS which were hoped would better compete with the new models being designed to meet the upcoming LSA specs. They easily met the LSA stall specs, but didn't improve the cruise speed enough.  Zenith subsequently chose the 601XL wing design instead.

Meets all Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) specs for Sport Pilots, with either set of wings.

Three-blade, ground adjustable, Warp Drive, carbon fiber prop.

Standard VFR instrumentation - ASI, VSI, Alt, turn & bank, tach, oil press, oil temp, quad CHT, Hobbs, elec fuel pump press, compass, EXP Buss DC Load Center w/ LED annunciator.

Avionics - Apollo SL 40, II Morrow (Garmin) 760 channel VHF comm transceiver w/ active and stand-by freq display, flip-flop switch, intercom.  Ameri-King transponder w/ Mode C alt encoder and ELT.

1-16 gal header tank, side-opening canopy, memory foam seats, lap belts w/ dual shoulder belts.

Center 'Y' control stick, dual throttles.

Polished alum w/ medium metallic blue painted glare shield, nose bowl & spinner and accent stripe. Photos of N601ML, with the HD wings installed, prior to airworthiness inspection and painting can be seen on the Zenith website in Photo Gallery #45. Additional photos, with the prototype wings installed, before final paint design can be seen on Photo Gallery #110.  Current photos, with the final accent paint design, will be added here shortly.

The HD wings have two baggage lockers w/ two 6.5 gal, easily removable, (transferable) wing fuel tanks for a total of 29 gallons.

The plane has never been in an accident and has always been in an enclosed hangar.  It is presently hangared at Hobby Field (77S), Creswell, Oregon.  Reason for selling - age, health.

Contact Jim Mahaney by e-mail at  mahaneyj@msn.com        

Views: 3294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I need a set of 601 hd wings please call Dan Robinson 734 306 6860

I need a canopy side opening style for my 601HD.
I have one complete kit but the canopy bubble is broken.
Let me know if you would sell at a good price.
Maybe other stuff i need if you have fresh inventory.
Tks.

Luc

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service