I have bubble doors and am looking to install some window vents.  Has anyone put them at the bottom or top of the windshield?  I would appreciate any ideas you might have on the topic.  

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you mean on the door near the windshield, or on the windshield itself? Lots of folks have them on their bubble doors. Never noticed any on a windshield. I'd have concerns about leaks on a windshield, and maybe structural issues with the windshield itself.

I am happy to look at any location.  It seems that there is a possible location in front of the door on the fuselage.  I don't really see a flat area on the bubble door that would work.  If have some pictures that would be a big help.  The windshield at the bottom in the front looks interesting.  However as you mentioned drilling into the windshield is a big risk.  You would get a lot air which would be nice.  Any pictures of any vents would be helpful. Cheers  

If you are not set completely on placing vents through the windows,  you might consider naca vents just forward of the doors….  This worked great for me.  I’ll post a pic or two later today../..

I will look at any location.  Forward of the doors looks like an excellent place.  Some pictures would be great.  Thanks

Thanks for the pics.  As I am looking at this position on my plane the engine is vent out the side of the front cowling.  I am really concerned that I will just pick up the hot air coming off the engine.  As of this moment the best place I have is the roof.  I just don't see a place on the bubble doors that will work there is no real flat area.  Plus I think the all the air would go straight in the back based on the shape of the door.  The side of the windshield would be ok but I am told that is a dead air space.  I don't mind putting them in the top I just need to find ones that won't leak.  Thanks for your input I appreciate your help..  

Not sure what the problem with bubble doors would be. I see tons of 750 STOLs with popout vents on the bubble doors, and that's what I plan for my plane. It doesn't have to be completely flat.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service