I am just starting my 750 Super Duty build and still debating engines.  Have a few quotes for new engines, but a buddy and I may overhaul an O-360.  Just wondering what (IO)/O-360-??? models folks have used.

Thanks

Chip 

Versailles, KY

Views: 862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’ve just started building the 750 Super Duty myself and I’m thinking about going with a (IO)/O-360 but still trying to decide. I would also like to hear from others on what engine they are using or going to use and why.
Thanks,
Todd

Todd,

I have an IO-320-B1A core that I am tearing down to start with.  I've talked with Divco in Tulsa and they are going to refresh my case and make sure it is good to go.  My plan is to build an IO-360-A2A (200hp, fixed pitch).  Will basically be a new engine when I'm done with it.  Just have to find a good deal on a good crank.  Planning to use new Millennium Cylinders and some form of electronic ignition.  Got plenty of time to figure it out while I build the airframe.

Chip  

is the IO-320 core the same as the IO-360?

Hi Chip,
That definitely sounds like a great plan. I have plenty of time myself to figure it out.
Todd

I just started building but I think I’m going to pull the IO360A1B6 of my Cardinal and use that one, it’s far over TBO. I’ll get another mid time engine to put back on the Cardinal and while I build the Super Duty work on getting this one overhauled. Something like that.

Two weeks ago we got a core engine O-360 A4M to rebuild.  Have it torn down and inspected, getting parts ordered to rebuild it.  We are giving serious consideration to the FLYEFI system since our core had no carburator, magnetos or fuel pump.

All of which would not be used with the EFI system.  It has electronic ignition and fuel injection giving it a effiency and performance improvement.

I have a Seneca with IO360 Turbo engines - I like the engines, only complaint I have is they can be difficult to start at times. 

I'm also building a CH750SD and also considering engines.

Other than the price, has anyone considered the UL520 Turbo?

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service