Looking for a moderately priced used 701 for sale by motivated seller.If you have one or know of one please contact me.

Tom Tweedy     ttweedy1954@gmail.com        434-841-9292 

Views: 968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tom,

I am selling my 701.  $25,000.  55 TTAE  Rotax 912 80HP older model, original gear and exposed radiator.  NW Chicago suburbs area.  Engine checked by Leading EdgeAirfoils and they said it has no corrosion and isn't even broken in yet.  If your interested I can give you all details.  Call me 847-891-0954

I will sell mine if the money is right.   2007 701 2200 jabiru Factory Installed 54.5 hrs. transponder by narco. Lowrance 2000c Grand Rapids EIS    Dan Robinson 734-306-6860 pics on my page.

ZENITH CH701 STOL • $33,500 •  2010 CH701 Kit Built, Jabiru 2200, 60hrs, AF/Eng Sensenich Grd Ajt Prop, Cabin Heat Panel: Alt, As, i Vsi, T&B, Grand Rapids EIS w/Fuel Flow Option, Compass Card, Burns 3-4 Gal/Hr, Wings & Elev VGs, Elev Trim, Upgraded Bubble Window Doors, AV8OR GPS, Hand Held Radio, Custom made cover, Always Hangared. Selling due to health. Contact John F. King, Owner - located Levant, ME USA • Telephone: 207-949-7054 • Contact John F. King, Owner - located Levant, ME USA • Telephone: 207.949.7054

Just kicking tires?

Tom, the hp doesn't have much to do with the angle.  Look at the Jabiru 2200 youtube video's you can climb at 45 mph (best angle) and clear trees out 150 feet with no problem. And landing is even steeper, you can do a 500-500 thats 500 high, 500 out from the numbers and put it on the numbers.  The 701 does what it's built to do.  The reason the prices are high on planes equipt with Rotax is they cost more then twice the cost of the kit,  FWF thats more then 25,000.  Have you seen people talk about Jabiru engines overheating? That problem was fixed over 10 years ago because home builders weren't ducting it correctly because they built their own cowls. The Jabiru is certified in Austrailia.  Pete at Jabiru USA sold 1900 engines last year. Twenty years ago Rotax engines, the 912 series. would seize up on take off. It took 10yrs to shake that reputation. Also the Rotax 586 would seize now it's known to have a blue head on it if it's a good one. The Jabiru has more horsepower in the 2200 then Rotax uls at takeoff power 80 vs 85 hp. And with gas prices? I'd rather get 3.5 at cruise then 5.5.  Rethink the Jabiru.  My serial number is not included in the bulletin for the through bolts. That was two models ago, mine is a J model. It weighs 132lbs FWF including accessories and cowl and sensenich prop,  The Rotax engine weighs 180 plus the fwf all out there on the nose.  I can get my nose up faster then a Rotax because it's lighter plus 5 more hp. Check out the contiuous operation at T/O power between the two.  You get 5 minutes with a Rotax. And the Jabiru has the throaty note of a real airplane.  To each their own they are both proven, both made for aircraft.  Orion uses Jabiru oem as well as the Jabiru line of aircraft. Both are certified LSA.  Just a few thoughts  I'm looking to trade for a 601 xlb or hd I understand you have one? Lets work a trade. Mine has 56 hrs. on it. don't worry about the 601 paint I'll polish it.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service