Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
I recently watched the Webinar — The Traveling Toolkit by Mike Busch and thought we could create a list of tools / spare parts specific to the Viking engine that would be prudent to carry particularly on long remote flights — think week-long trips in the Alaskan wilderness. What would be on your must-have and nice-to-have lists?
A few ideas
- Assorted ratcheting combo wrenches for unexpected minor repairs, such as loose alternator belt or fuel fitting leak.
- Multi-tool such as Leatherman.
- Adjustable Wrench (s)
- Ratcheting Screw Driver set, such as Craftsman's 26 piece multi-bit set
- Spark Plug Socket w/extension
- Duct tape
- Assorted Tie-wraps
- Collapsible water bucket (may also be used to hold spare parts and tools)
- Mr. Funnel for refueling (fuel in the boondocks may not be the best)
- Wire Crimp w/misc size terminals and a few feet wire.
- Spare belt
- Spare fuel sample valves
- Spark Plug (s)
- Marvel Mystery Oil for refueling fuel