I'm rebuilding my CH601. After reviewing over 1000 photos of my original build I cannot find one picture of my throttle and choke attachment to the carb. I have a 3300 with Bing carby. Does anyone have a photo of their 3300 setup at the carb? I can't recall whether I used the extension piece on the throttle assembly at the carby or not. Also, I hear that folks are using the larger gauge oil lines from filter to cooler. If anyone has that spec please let me know I'd like to do the same. Slowly, but surely, she's coming together.

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a picture that I think is from one of Jabiru's manuals:

It is very similar to how I have the Jab 3300 on my CH750 hooked up. One thing I did was drill a hole in the throttle arm extension just below where the cable is attached. I found that using the original hole gave an "over-center" resistance - in other words, as the throttle arm extension was pushed forward, it would flex the cable upwards, causing resistance. Then, once past center throttle, it would flex back down to normal position. By moving the hole down a little and bending the end of the throttle cable up a few degrees, I got a much more smooth operation of the throttle and there was still plenty of throttle travel.

One other thing not shown in the picture is I put a few wraps of safety wire around the cables and wired them to the bracket that holds them for "just in case" security!

Hope this helps,

John

N750A

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service