I am interested in making some wing struts our of aluminum for my 701.  Anyone had any luck with this.  Also I understand some folks are buying 801 struts and cutting them down.  Any suggestions.
Thanks, Vann

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Vann, check with Mark at Can-Zac aviation, i think he sells allready made aluminum wing struts for the 701. You might check out Chumphol Sirinavin page on this site as he has pictures etc on some nice strut wraps he made for his factory metal struts. I plan on making strut wraps simliar to Chumphol's. Hope this helps.
Pat.
Consider buying CH750 streamlined struts from Zenith. Increased speed and you know its safe structurally.
Vann, had a question for you... Can you tell me what it takes to get the wings off the 701? Just looking at it I can see how the supporting struts would come off but wasn't sure about how the wings actually attached to the fuselage. Any info you can provide how how you get them off would be helpful. Thanks.

-Rolf Grandstaff (JNX)
Hey Rolf,
The wings attach with 2 large bolts. They should be visible and accessible from underneath the wing. Without wing supports, it is at least a two man job. What is going on with you. Have you been flying? I have been flying quite a bit. Still no paint. Vann
Thanks Vann! Saw your plane out there at 5W5 a few months ago when we were out there at the brewery. Looks good!

I got my Sport Pilot license last Oct and have been enjoying flying. I want to add sump drains to the wing tanks which is why I want to remove the wings. The builder didn't put them in originally and I think they should be there.
What is your main reason for wanting aluminum struts?

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service