Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
I've never seen an annual checklist, but for our annual we did the following:
- changed engine oil and filter (checked for contaminates)
- changed gearbox oil (checked for contaminates)
- inspected gearbox coupling
- inspected prop assembly (torque and appearance)
- inspected belt
- inspected engine mount
- checked fuel system and engine for leaks
- checked for loose fasteners and electrical connections, while wiping down the engine with ACF 50.
For any critics or suggestions please let us know your thoughts.
Looks like this would apply to the Viking 90 as well. Would you agree? Anything you would do different on the 90?
It is the same. The turbo might have a few extra items, but it is going to be the same as well
I am purchasing a 701 with the Viking 115 engine. I assume that the checklist works for that engine as well. I will be doing a complete and thorough go through of the engine and airframe when I get it home.
Yes, it would work for that as well. Be sure if buying 2nd hand, (like anything) that all service bulletins have been adhered to and if you have any questions concerning that you can always send us pictures. Let us know if you need anything. -Alissa