So I have been asked, in a round about way to share this.  It is long, so I will take no offense if you do not read all of it. 

Views: 914

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations pilot!!

Thank you.

Congratulations!  Thanks for sharing your story, the memory of that day will stick with you forever!

Thank you.  I hope not, it was a stressful few days.  I am just glad that it is done and I did better then I expected.

Congrats Jon. You brought back sweet memories of my check ride. I wish you clear skies and tailwinds for the future....enjoy your well earned certificate and above all fly safe.

Tom Anderson

Thank you, I plan to.

Good work.  Your license to learn.

Thank you, yes it is and I hope to learn lots.

Congrats on your passing and as other said its crazy the exam continued.  Also its a testament to your training and preparedness that 2 engine outs did not break your concentration.  Cant say I would have fared the same and I use to fly hangliders and sailplanes...

I just finished my Written a few weeks ago and was pushing hard to finish before leaving for a family vacation, but I felt it was a bit of a time crunch and I can use my downtime on vacation to study more for the oral.  We leave in a few days and return July 3rd and Im hoping I can get this done by end of July.  I was the perpetual student and I have had many ups and downs, stops and starts in the lessons, but its good to finally see a light at the proverbial tunnel.  Reading your account really helped with a bit of my anxiety...  Well written and a good read as well..

Marc

I was hoping to take the practical shortly after the my written so the information would still be fresh in my mind.  I think the examiner was wanting me to put the pieces together, he said that I had a lot of the knowledge but I needed to put the things together.  The flying part was not bad, I did have a few mistakes, but I think overall I did a good job.  

One thing that helped a lot for the oral is this video.  

• 1:31:02

Private Pilot Oral Exam

This video was a lot of help.  If you have any questions let me know, I will answer the best I can.  Every examiner is different, but being prepared is the best thing.

Thank you, I am glad that you enjoyed reading it.

Fun story! I will add my congratulations to all the others. Your first solo and your first pilot "ticket" will stay in your memory forever. My first solo and my Private Certificate were back in the 60's but are in my mind in perfect clarity these many decades later. Enjoy the accomplishment and enjoy the lasting (and happy) memory!

Thank you very much, I will.  It was a while in the coming, but I am glad it is over and now I can enjoy flying when I want.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service