I have my tail finished and almost have the fuselage completed as well. I cannot afford to buy all the remaining kits to finish at one time so I need to split them up. Would there be any problem getting the finish kit next to get the fuselage on the gear and basically complete the fuselage and save the wings until last? Thanks for the input.

Elijah Lewis

Marianna, FL

CH 750 STOL

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wings took me longer so if you started them next it will give your checking account time to recover

Dave

Storage of an on wheels fuselage may become an issue if you have limited space. Wings, flaperons, slats, and tail sections can usually be hung out of the way. My two cents.

Chris

Go ahead.

Otherwise, you can't really move it arround.

I agree - get it on the gear. Makes it a "red letter day" and you can then easily move it around. If not on wheels, the fuselage will be just as subject to problems with storage and dings as the wings. 

John

N750A

Thanks for the info, going to order the finish kit and slats next that way it will be easier for me to move around the shop.

Good choice! Besides, it's much more realistic to sit in the fuselage on the gear and make airplane noises! LOL!

John

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service