does any 601 corvair powered pilots have a checklist i can get some ideas

Views: 407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to this website http://www.newplane.com/   that provides documents for the defunct AMD line of factory built Zenith aircraft. On the top left corner click on "continued airworthiness of factory built CH designs" and then scroll down to the AMD 601XL section. You can click on and get a Pilots Operating Handbook, a Maintenance Manual and a preflight checklist document that is very extensive. The AMD version had a Continental O-200 but that makes it very similar to a Corvair, operationally. You should be able to use much of what you find there to write your own manual from.

Another manual you could borrow ideas from is the one for this Corvair powered plane.... http://www.zenith.aero/forum/topics/excellent-601xlb-td-for-sale   In the text of the For Sale listing he gives a website link for data on the plane. Most of the way down that extra data there is a link to look at his Pilot Operating Handbook as a PDF file, and his Handbook is written specifically for his version of a Corvair powered 601XLB. Again, you could not use it verbatim but there are a lot of good ideas there to "borrow" for your manual and checklists.

My plane is not yet built but I have copied both those manuals and I plan to borrow from them heavily when I write my manual for my plane.

The one I have I got from Andy Elliot from his POH. The one I use in my head is this, switches off, hand pull prop to feel compression, mixture rich, fuel on fullest tank, strobe switch on, pump throttle slowly full ( once or twice , points live, battery and alternator on, start, oil pressure. Set idle 1000 rpm and switch to electronic ignition. Lean mixture, when oil temp is 140+, full rich mixture, 1800 rpm and check both ignitions, check alternator function by switching it off and back on, check carb heat function, hold brakes and full static run up 2700 rpm min for take off.

Send me you email and I can send you a copy of the POH

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service