I would like to thank everyone on this site ,its amazing how many fellow builders step up to help,joe hopwood chimed in said he had tanks, we made arrangments he flew 2hrs east from alabama I flew 2 hrs nw to marrianna fla air field we met told stories went home was a great flight joe I want to thankyou for your help  im up and running …. be well,,

Views: 183

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Joe
Where is it leaking?
I had a pinhole leak at the weld where the drain is, took it to a pro and he repaired it and did a beautiful job.
$40 I think
Dave

Hello Joseph

I have 20 year old 601 UL and my fuel tank developed a pinhole leak near the fuel drain as well.  I had it repaired last year and a new leak developed in another spot this month on some welding where the bottom of the aluminum tank folded, where it rests on a "ledge" so I had it removed once again and had it repaired by someone else for $80.  I also reinforced the outside of the bottom of the tank with some thin padding that I glued to the bottom edge and spray covered the whole tank with rubber like "Flex -Seal".  Hopefully that should do it.  I really didn't want to buy a new tank from Zenair/Zenith for $600 CDN.  If this doesn't work I guess I will have to buy a new tank.  Marvin

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service