Of course right before I mount my engine I starting reading into the 3300's installation instructions and read that Jabiru does not recommend a switch in the alternator circuit. Anyone have any experience with this?

I guess I really got used to the idea of an alternator circuit with a switch. But I figure if I went without a switch I'll still have a circuit breaker that I could pull if the alternator starting malfunctioning.

If this seems pretty standard then I will have a new Composite Design power panel for sale.

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you consider the alternator is an intregal part of the engine and electrical system the need for a circut breaker becomes unnecessary. Since the alternator is being turned by the crankshaft only a failure in the windings or engine stoppage would cause it to cease functioning.  Therefore a switch is unnecessary.
I toggle the breaker off after every flight, otherwise battery will drain. Turning it back on is part of my starting sequence. Everything fine so far after two years...Don

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service