Hello all, new CH-640 plans holder. Looking to connect with other scratch builders of all zenith types GTA Durham Region

Nice to meet everyone

I'd like to connect with other scratch builders, not just ch-640 guys. I noticed there is no 640 section. Do i just post in the general area? with scratch building there can be head scratching moments..lol

I'm jumping into the 640 build with eyes open. I used to own an RV-7 to the wings stage, I also own a sonex plans set that i picked cheap second hand, but after thinking about it. The sonex just does not have the gross weight numbers I want. what can i say, I like looking at airplane plans and making plane noises...

I also have all my rv tools, so I'm ready to make some noise.

I'm at the forms block stage, and enjoying the ch640 plans

I'm the GTA Durham region so if anyone wants a guy to come over and look over you're shoulder and bring a pizza..let me know

Have great day guys

Michael in Durham

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best of luck Michael!  There is a gentlemen on the forums named Kay Caldwell who scratch built his CH-640 so he may be an excellent resource for you.

Nice to hear from you, I'll look out for him,thank you

The ch640 plans have no scale on them and when I asked at the factory if I could scale up the drawings to make templates they didn't advise it......BUT

I worked out the math and scaled up the drawings 760% for shits and giggles. and guess what it's only off by a millimetre. I was interested in the airfoil shape to lift off and put on my forming blocks.

But might be more useful for straight edged parts if the error is not to far off.
Attachments:

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service