Pulling to the left. Adjusted ailerons still doing it. Thoug the incident of angle in the wing Any thoughts? Thanks Bob

Views: 523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By "adjusted ailerons" do you mean you put a trim tab on the ailerons or your re-rigged them to provide a bit of right force to counter the heavy left wing? Or, do you mean the "crimp the back of an aileron" trick that is outlined in the Factory's Blog post a week or so ago?

If you have not tried the "crimp the aileron" trick look over the blog post and give that a try. Depending on how heavy your wing is you should be able to fix it with the factory's blog post. They also briefly review the opposite of the "crimp" method, which is to carefully bang on the back of the aileron on other wing to cause the reverse effect on the other wing. Worth a try.

The final fix (other than messing with wing incidence) would be to split the flap drive tube and make the flap on the heavy wing have just a little more bite than the one on the light wing. You need to be careful with that one - if the flaps should slip relative to one another in flight you can end up with a nasty roll tendency that you might not be able to overcome.

Good luck,

Bob

Bob:  I am having the same problem.  I measured wings to fuselage, checked engine center thrust, and thought of putting a trim tab on rudder.  Sent three messages to Roger but got no reply.  Let me know what you find out.  I will do the same.  BTW, I don't understand why the heavy wing would make such a large difference.  On the second and third try I gradually lifted off the nose wheel and the plane began to slide left immediately.  But when I did get off the runway the left wing did drop quite a bit.  

Dave

<'(((>/p>

Hi guys, did you ever get this issue fixed?

I'm having the same trouble with a Zenith 601 XLB.
I trim tabbed the right aileron and also the rudder. It took several flights to sync it out but works for me

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service