I'm building a free, community-centric site of builder logs, with a focus on connecting you to useful posts related to what you're working on while you're working on it. e.g. When posting about your Zenith 750 vertical fin, you'll see a tip that was voted helpful by others suggesting you shorten a particular rivet for a better fit.

It will simultaneously be a collection of builders logs and a community-driven knowledgebase for every part of every aircraft kit.

I'm over-simplifying so please check out the description here: https://webuildplanes.com

I'd like to gauge the amount of interest in this idea before I get too deep into it. If this sounds like something you'd use, PLEASE sign up (no commitment or anything - I just want to measure interest). Or if you have any feedback, please send it my way!

Views: 1289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark: This looks like it could be an excellent resource for builders! I look forward to discussing this with you and to help you develop this.

Agree :-)

Absolutely. I have been longing for a 21st century builders log. Hopefully, something that can upload photos directly from your phone. 

Hi Mark

When working on a project of this magnitude , it is impossible to have too much information . I support you in this effort!

Thanks 

Ken

Great idea ! Will be very usefull. Thanks

Hi Mark,

Your page looks amazing, I am absolutely in.

I'm in. The ability to access and reference timely information and advice is very important. Thank you. Please keep me posted.

Mark this will be a fantastic resource for builders and a way of connecting people with common issues and solutions. Not many Zenith builders here in Western Australia to bounce things off.

My complete Kit arrives in Australia early August so am looking forward to see your site up and running soon.

Regards

Greg Priest

Looks great! I signed up, I think. When I entered my email, comment, checked the test pilot box and hit "I'm interested", nothing happened. The

Awesome I am interested

Ernest McAlister 

Hey Allan,

Not sure what might have happened, but I got your signup. Thanks!

I'm glad to hear others are excited about creating something like this as I am. I've gotten a lot of great feedback, too, and it's definitely striking a chord with a lot of people.

In the next day or two I'll send out an email to everyone who signed up, with an overview of next steps. i.e. a rough timeline. In the meantime I'm working hard to get this done as quickly as I can.

Looking forward to getting this launched and getting suggestions and feedback from all of you so we can make this an extremely helpful resource for builders!

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service