Have a Franklin 6 cylinder 6V335, 210 HP with engine mount and baffling plus all accessories like starter, carb,exhaust,mags for sale. Fits 801 and is complete minus prop/cowling. Only asking $ 9950.00

Engine has fresh overhaul by Franklin distributor Bruce Known. The Franklins are very smooth and powerful, have one in my other aircraft and its so smooth. Located in NC and is on pallet.

Views: 628

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris.
May be interested in your FWF package.
Can you tell me more about the engine please. How many spares are available for the Franklin engines as well,
as this is a critical point. What is the total time now on the engine and can it run on mogas?
rgds
Philip
South Africa
Phil,
Zero time on the engine, no problem at all with spares but NO Mogas. I have pics if you want them.

Asking $ 9800.00 cpl with everything, you can contact me privately if you like chris@southernskies.net
Philip--

My Stinson is Franklin powered (with a 165 HP version) and it is a great engine. Smooooottthhh and strong. It is an orphan, so parts are a bit of a problem. So far, the engines can be maintained, but it is only going to get worse unless somebody starts the line up again. Do not bank on that, but it is a valid hope.

The 220 HP version was designed with the no longer available 100/130 Avgas as the planned fuel. It runs on 100LL but has very little detonation margin due to the lower octane fuel than it was designed for. Mogas is most certainly not an option.

Bruce Kown is a great Franklin guy, so I am sure the engine is a beauty.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service