Nice Zenith 601 HDS for sale, meets LSA requirements, has XL forward tilting canopy, always hangered, never damaged.

Corvair 3L 120hp 6 cyl engine with 5th bearing built by Roy Szarafinski one of the leading builders of Corvair flight engines in the USA. 142 hours total time, 75 hours on engine. Warp Drive ground adjustable prop. Nearly all William Wynne's Fly Corvair engine conversion accessories including Gold Oil System, Gold Prop Hub, motor mount and to many other items to list here.

MGL Enigma EFIS (electronic flight information system w/GPS) glass panel with CHT & EGT probes, also has a 10” tablet PC mounted in panel with GPS for flight navigation, weather, etc.

MGL V10 VHF digital radio with intercom, electric trim on elevator and ailerons, STOLSpeed Vortex Generators, LED navigation lights with strobes. Asking $39500.

Contact Rich Whittington, owner – located (KTHA) Tullahoma, TN.

Telephone 931-438-2223 weekdays or 931-571-0143 voice or text email me at Zenith601HDS@outlook.com.

For additional pictures go to; http://webpages.charter.net/gwrratng/Plane/Zenith 601.html

Views: 1348

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am in the process of building my 601HDS with a 3.0L engine.  What kind of performance can I expect and handling characteristics.

Rob

I hesitate to quote any kind of actual performance data as there are so many variables that come into play. Zenith has provided performance data for the HDS and they are generally considered optimistic to say the least but the 3 liter engine you will come a lot closer to their numbers. I have to admit I am on the plus side so if you are a 150 lbs pilot your numbers will be better.

Handling is a lot like a Cherokee but with quicker control response, I generally fly approaches about the same as I would with the Cherokee. Keep in mind I have vortex generators which make a significant difference on stall characteristics and gets the stall speed down to LSA numbers.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service