Seems like the company had dumped us older flyers as we try to upgrade.
Ive been trying for months to write emails to zenith about upgrading 601hd main gear to the newer leaf spring.
I get no responce. Nothing.

Views: 437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I still fly the hd/hds. I personally feel that the support is great and parts are available. Your probably better off calling zenith for information. They always seem to have a lot of things they are working on. I have no issues with the hd landing gear but if you had to have the spring gear you probably would need to get the build prints for the XL and Retrofit to that spec.

Ditto Chris's advice to call Zenith rather than email. 

Although my personal preference is email support from the various aviation vendors, it seems that different businesses sometimes do much better with phone vs email.  At Zenith, it's always been my experience that if I call in the early a.m. weekdays,  it is easy to catch Roger - that guy must work some long hours!  :>)

Andrew, I know that Sebastien would be truly concerned if the email support is poor.  He'd likely appreciate it if you messaged him directly and let him know about your problems with no response to your emails.  Just find him under the "Members" tab above and send him a message!

John

N750A

Yeah ok. Makes it hard being in a different country.
But thanks for your advice
I've not heard directly from Zenith but others have posted that Zenith doesn't have any conversion plans for the older HD or HDS gear. I've done the conversion myself as have many others. It takes a bit of time and involves strengthening the seat pan area. Most have opted to use Grove gear but I used plans built Zenith spring mounted with Grove radius blocks.

Charlie

Yes, indeed we still fully support customers of earlier Zenith models, and as Chris Beebe states we go out of our way to make parts available for kit models delivered 30+ years ago. That said, we no longer continue to develop designs that have been retired years ago.

The spring gear of the CH601XL/CH650 was developed for the newer models and does not make a lot of sense for the earlier CH601 models (extra weight, lack of mounting points, etc).

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service