Greetings... I'm planning for the delivery of my 750 kit(s) soon, and want to hear people's experiences with getting the crate home from wherever the trucking company deposits it.  I know I could get them to bring it to my door, but in my case (Canada) that costs about $1200! If I go pick it up in the U.S., and broker it myself, less the $400.  Since the border is only a short distance away, that's what I'm planning to do.

So... Zenith tells me it's a single crate, 13.5 x 3 x 4, about 1000 lbs. Has anyone used a pickup truck to transport this crate, say an F150? Flatbed trailer? Uhaul van?

Thanks!

Views: 1388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A tilt & load wrecker can pick up the crate and deliver it right to your garage. Maybe put the charge on your CAA card ! ;>)

Interesting idea, Bob, but no doubt pretty pricey for the ~175 km round trip, including border crossing!

Have you flown your skis yet? They look great! I will be contacting you in the not-to-distant future when my new 750 is ready for skis! ;')

ables & bungee going on today... flying by tonight...big plans for the weekend on skis.

Here was my solution.    We went to Mexico to pick up the kit, traveled to NW Iowa to see my folks , and returned to Arizona.   I rigged up lights on to the crate using a wiring harness for trailers plugged into the hitch socket.  No problems on the trip home.   I needed 5 bury guys to help unload it.   The truck is a 2500 Dodge LWB.

LDD

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service