I have a amphibious 701 I'm about to list for sale. I bought it 5 years ago and have not flown it. N701ST if you Google the tail number you can find many photos of it since it was popular in many flying magazines.
I purchased as a project. It had a damaged wing, a float with a bent support and hole in it, and the motor had been removed and sold.
I have purchased and installed a Rotax 912ul with 700hrs k same as original) and installed it with a new Warp drive 3 blade prop. I've also began repairing the damaged float, but currently have standard wheels installed. I purchased a set of wings from another 701 that was being parted out. It's just about ready to fly accept the new wings will need to be set, adjusting the struts to the correct positons per the built manual. Includes 2 sets original and replacement struts.
This spring (due to the pandemic relief bill including tax credits for used airplane purchases) I went a different route and bought a flying CTSW N359CT and have been using it to get my sport pilot certificate. 19k and for someone with the time, can get sunlight under is tires again. Located KDVN Davenport Municipal Airport..... Davenport iowa

Views: 973

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm very interested.  I sent you a friend request so I can message you directly.

Q and A's below.

Do you know if this accident was reported to the FAA as a total loss, is the certification ELSA and is it still valid

Answer. I have found no reports to FAA, so was not registered as a total loss. The airworthiness certificate is still valid and I had no issues transferring it into my name.

Is is registered as EAB like all zenith 701's are they don't have any esla 701's that I know of. As EAB you can fly with Sport Pilot Rules but and allowed to make modifications as you wish. Only will need a condition inspection done yearly by a qualified mechanic.

Do you have this engine and aircrafts log books

Answer. I have all of books including the 2nd engine log book.

Any known corrosion  

Answer. No corrosion at all. All parts were treated with zink internally or anodised with anodine.

What gauges are currently included if any?

Answer. Has full standard 6 pack af gauges including a modern Android tablet display that can include any aviation apps you would wish to install. ie. ADS-B and map display.

Radio?

Answer. Has radio installed in dash. It's a compact style that fits in the dash on a standard 2 inch display opening. Has intercom controls mounted on edge under the dash.

Transponder information

Answer. Transponder is an older 4 knob style that mounts on the edge just under the dash.

Interior condition, color

Interior is white with grey seats, the seats are the memory foam get desirable for comfortable type.

Single or duel controls?

Answer. It has a single Y sick with push to talk button for easier entering and exit.

Do you know the manufacture of the floats or are they from a Zenith kit?

Answer. The floats are 1250's made from Zenair kit.

Folding wings?

Answer? This kit is not installed, but can surely be added.

Navigation and landing lights?

Answer. Has wingtip and upper tail

http://www.zenith.aero/profile/LarryZetterlind

Link to previous owner on this site.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service