Is there any info available to help an all-thumbs type (me) install the supports used to hold the CH-750 doors open? Like, measurements, photos, comments.

Views: 620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter,

If you will fly it up here to Angleton, Bailes Field (7R9), we'll put them on together.

Jimmy Y

Jimmy,

VERY generous offer! I'm willing to take you up on this with the understanding that (1) I do the work with your guidance, (2) you offer suggestions on installing the new Zenith door latch system, (3) you do the same with installing elevator VGs, (4) you allow me to buy lunch, and (5) we do this at your convenience and perhaps in slightly cooler weather.

Sound OK?

J

Peter,  This is responce to the cross country fuel problem.  I am building a 750 but I have heard about the fuel "cross feed" problems.  It seems to be a "design" issue.  I am a stickler for simple fuel systems.  I have NOT instaled the factory system.  I have installed aluminum fuel lines to remove the use of rubber lines which will have to be replaced what with alcohol in auto gas.  (Rotax 912 S )   I have run my lines seperatly down each side and forward to the "tank" selector.   This will allow me to run off one tank and then switch to the other tank.  Keeps them totally seperate with a electric boost pump inline after the selector valve.  If I have a problem, I just switch tanks and proceed to an airport to check it out.  Its the ole engineer in me as well as I was a safety officer in Army aviation (Helicopter pilot - 23 years).  If you want more info, e-mail me and I will send pix of the system I have.  RV9Jim@Juno.com  I will be posting my system as I can on this Zenith aero .

Jim, I am NOT an engineer, and I am all thumbs. That said, I totally agree with your approach. Fuel selection along with a boost pump is the way to go in my opinion. 

You're not using extended tanks I presume - just one tank per side?
One tank per side.
One tank per side.
Thought so. I really like your approach and I'm wondering how it could work with dual wing tanks. A solenoid valve might be an option, I suppose. I've seen this on other types (e.g twin comanche with tip tanks). On the other hand it could be over-complicating a fuel system - always something to avoid. Cheers.
Yeah, I don't know how the extra tanks are plumbed. I would assume each is simply in series with its corresponding main tank. I very much believe in the KISS method. Personally I would stay away from solenoids. A selector valve seems nice to me.
Yeah, I don't know how the extra tanks are plumbed. I would assume each is simply in series with its corresponding main tank. I very much believe in the KISS method. Personally I would stay away from solenoids. A selector valve seems nice to me.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service