I am scheduled to finish my 750 Superduty in mid Oct. I would like some company flying it back to Tucson. I would pay all expenses ,if sharing a room, except for food, drinks and entertainment.

It would be a leisurely trip back with stops in grass runway resorts in Ark, Bentonville backcountry lessons, some stops in Texas and maybe a short flight to Big Bend National Park.

The trip would start for be few days in Nashville area to prep and allowing some time to visit the music venues.

The Super Duty has a Titan engine, Dynon avionics, and a parachute. I am a low and slow pilot with 400 hours in a 701 and Jabiru. I am 77 and in great  shape and active.

If you know anyone interested let me know.

Ken Smalley

kensmalley1@gmail.com

Views: 489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be a fun trip, wish you were bringing it to Maine!  Have you figured in the time to complete the Phase 1 fly-off and testing?  Good luck with the project!

Dave

Did this back in 2012, when I bought a Varga 2180 in California and flew it back to the east coast.  Didn’t want to do that trip by myself so I paid full expense for a fellow pilot to fly with me.  That meant I bought his airfare from Boston to Sacramento and paid every expense including hotel, food, drinks and entertainment on the way back.  It was a great and hugely productive trip.  You’re asking a lot of somebody to do what you want, I think you need to rethink what you pay for and what your fellow pilot pays for. My $.02

I will re-ask the same question someone already asked - are you gonna have the 40 hours flown off before you leave or did you somehow get a wairver to fly the thing on an extended trip immediately after getting it finished? That is an important consderation. And, I agree with Don that you are asking a lot of out pocket contribution from your proposed flying partner. I hope it all works out for you, sounds like fun!

Bob,

I responded to the question of how much I would pay for. I intend to pay for all expenses except for airfare outside the continental US and unreasonable food and beverage expenses.

As per when will the 40 hours be flown off is an unknown. The plane is almost finished except for a few things. Suppliers have made promises not always kept. The inspection is up to the whim of the inspector. The 40 hour fly-off is dependent on the weather and test pilot schedule. Putting all these unknowns together I came up with an estimated date for my trip back to Tucson. I could have waited until I was sure but I wanted to plan ahead. Whoever would fly back with me would probably be as flexible as I am. I hope to  have the 40hrs completed around Oct 15th. It could be sooner or a month later. Based on what has happened during Covid, I have learned to be more flexible and less in a hurry. I will not get a waiver but will wait until I can fly anywhere.

Ken

I might be interested I am retired so could go just about time. I am 72 year old and building a 750 stol. 

Larry did my reply go thru? I might have hit the wrong button. If not then I am glad to hear from you. The exact dates are still up in the air but my best guess is still later in Oct. Since you are retired perhaps the exact time is not that important. I saw your are in Tenn. Have you been in Tucson before?

I hope to make this trip fun with stops at grass strip resorts along the way. Have you flown any Zenith planes yet? Let me know if you want more info about the plane, the trip, or me and what you would like to do along the way. It is a lot more enjoyable with company on a flight and sharing knowledge and experiences. Can we include our email addresses here?

Ken

I've not flown any Zenith planes yet and to be honest I've never  saw one in person. But plan to go look at John Austin's around the end of month. I though it would be good experience and I could learn about the planes If we were to take the trip together.

Larry I will get back to you in a couple of days when I talk  to the builder assist people and know  more  about an exact date.

That sounds good where in Nashville is it being built? I live about 50 miles from there.

The builder assist is in Shellybyville in the same building as Arion aircraft. They are about 40 miles south and west of Nashville.

Do ou think they would mind if I went by to check it out?

Larry I talked to Nick at Arion and he said it would be fine to stop by and look at my plane. He told me the parachute is still delayed and it appears that the start of flying off the 40 hrs will not be until mid to later Oct. Let me know how the plane looks. The number there is 931 680-1781.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service