engine is sold

Views: 856

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi mark how much and has the engine been run on the planeare you going with a different engine joe
Joe, never been run. would be good to go through it yourself to be comfortable with build, or Great Planes will do it for you and run it in for a fee. let me know if you have any other questions.
thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,
I'm interested, but I wondered why this was not used on the 701 it was intended for, and what was used instead?
Thanks,
Steve
Hi mark I am consedering using a VW on My 701 have did you decide against using this on your 701 if so Why? Mike
Hi Mike,

I'm Steve and I just got home with the "new to me" VW stuff. In case Mark doesn't see your post I thought I'd offer what I know from talking with him about the VW parts. As I understand it, while in tne final stages of completion he offered the 701 with VW FWF mostly installed for sale to facilitate a move from CA to UT. The purchaser only wanted the airframe so Mark took the FWF to UT with him and sold it there. I don't think he sold it because he thought it wouldn't work though, he just didn't get to try it. I'm a little like Mark in that I offered my nearly completed 701 for sale several years ago and was only successful in selling the 0-200 engine and Warp Drive prop. After deciding to finish the aircraft a few months ago I was planning to use a Corvair conversion until I saw Marks ad and decided to go VW. I still have a lot of Corvair parts and will probably continue to work on it after I get the 701 flying, especially if the VW doesn't do what I want it to.

If I didn't already have a 701 I would probably go with the 750 because I think it is better designed to handle the heavier powerplants (Corvair, 0-200, etc.).

Good luck with your project.

Steve
Hi Mark
Do you still have the VW package available for sale.
Rob M
hey mark did you not sll the engine joe
Hello
How much would you want for the reduction gear + prop?

regards
razvan
Guys. Please read the long narrative by Thomas (Steve) Dixon. I bought the FWF from Mark Month's ago.

Steve

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service