Rotax 912ULS, Skyshop FWF, Woodcomp 3 bladed ground adjustable prop, MGL Voyager EFIS backed up by MGL Flight2, Garmin GTX-327, XCOM 760 COM transceiver, Artex ME406 ELT, Andair Left-Both-Right fuel selector.

The engine dates to mid-1999 and is said to have 6 hours on it. S/N 4425588. I had L.E.A.F. do all the SBs on it in 2008:

Replaced sprag clutch circlip per SI 912-006
Upgraded to heavy duty starter per SB 912-037UL
Installed slipper cluch retrofit kit part# 996-889
Replaced valve spring retainers per SB 912-022UL
Origianl fuel pump had dents, replaced with new part#892-542 
Carburetors cleaned and rebuild kits installed
New carb flange assy. installed part #267-788 w/ o-ring
Removed and reinstalled all water inlets/outlets, replaced 6 with new using blue loctite on all
Removed cylinder #2 & #4 to inspect crankshaft, camshaft, pistons, cylinders, heads, and valves
Installed part# 241-784 hex head magnetic plug
Differential pressure test performed Cyl. #1 84/87 #2 86/87 #3 80/87 #4 85/87
$20,000
Located in Park City, UT
Craig Payne
435-602-0596 cell

Views: 1490

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More pics.

Attachments:

It looks like the kit is fully assembled less the dash? Has it ever been flown? I am interested.

All the flying surfaces were mounted and the controls connected when I bought it in NY in 2008. I disassembled it, stuck it in a Penske rental truck and drove it to Utah. On the way home I dropped it off at L.E.A.F. and had them do the SBs and work listed above. So although the engine was mounted when I saw it in N.Y. it had not been plumbed - fuel, coolant or oil. The third-hand story I was told was that the engine had been mounted new on a Kitfox and run a total of 6 hours before that owner decided it was too much engine for the Kitfox and sold it. So although L.E.A.F. concurred that the engine had few hours on it they didn't run it and I have never seen it run. So the engine is the biggest unknown and the reason for the low price. I've worked on designing and building the panel and the portions of the fuel and electrical systems that mount on, or penetrate the firewall.

Attachments:

More pictures. The plane in my hanger at 36U after disassembly and being driven from NY to UT in a rental truck. Ignore the unpainted 601XL wings and fuselage in the one picture.

Attachments:

Thanks for the available pics. Can you please list what must be finished to bring to flying condition. I noticed that there was no windscreen for example. Thanks for your time,

Chuck Braun

Sorry, the plane is most likely sold. I've got a $5000 deposit from a local buyer who should be by on the 30th with a truck to haul it away. I'll add "sold" to the subject if the deal goes through.

No prob. Thanks for the reply.

Chuck

Did your sale go thru?

Yes, the plane is gone. I'll change the subject line

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service