plans say wings perpendicular to center line. any helpful info on this? my mind is making this too complex I suspect. how have you aligned all this? thanks in advance

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

take a think flexible wire or a string that doe not flex. heavy Spectra wire ( fish line with no stretch works. tamp it or adhere it to one wing tip at the rivet measured line right at th very tip of the wing.
This is with both wings plugged in but not affixed with bolts yet in the rear spar.
Run the string to the rear tip of the rudder and make sure the rudder is perfectly straight. then run the string to the other wing tip. Before all this. measure the string so that you have two halves of exactly equal length. adjust the rear spar by having someone hold the wing tip and pushing stern to front until exactly equal, with you sliding the rear par bolt piece left and right and held in place by a vice grip. Then measure the distance per the plans from bottom of plane to rear space upper corner. both side should be exact. SO now you have positioned the rear spar left and right, and up and done so that both wings at the rear spar point are identical. use a vice grip to hold in place then drill the rear spar bolt hole.
Voi et Al!
If the stings are attached at the extact spoot on each wing and the strings are exact equalateral triangle, the wing sweep should be exactly the same. you can run another string straight over the canopy from each wing tip and visually look from wing tip to wing tip. it will look like the wing is swept forward, which it is a little but both side will look identical. I did bot strings (lite wire) from wing tip to rudder on each side then a line from tip to tip. then stood on a ladder 10 ffet back looking down the string line wing tip to wing tip.

Juan Vega

Juan

Juan
thank you very much! sounds good and your explanation helps. wish me luck
how diid the wing alignment come out?

Juan

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service