Rotax Engine Forum (50)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

912 install on a 701

It's time to start the install of the 912 to my 701. I purchased the engine from my uncle after he tore his plane off the trailer while hau…

Started by Vance Simons

2 Jul 23, 2019
Reply by Vance Simons

Add-ons to Rotax could be pricy?

I have found at the Rotax site price for 912U:LS as much as $6500. But they charge another $140 for second throttle. The cab heat manifold…

Started by Gino Shtirlits

2 Jul 20, 2019
Reply by Gino Shtirlits

Carb icing issues

HI All Has anyone encountered engine vibration on days with high relative humidity after descending from 4500 feet +? to about 1000' agl?…

Started by Herb Hornig

4 Jul 15, 2019
Reply by Herb Hornig

Electroaire Switches

Zenith supplied an Electroaire combination "mag" starter switch unit with my 701 kit. This is because Rotax no longer wants you to use the…

Started by Thomas Heiting

1 Jul 2, 2019
Reply by Jim and Amelia Isaacs

Charging issue

So about 2 weeks ago I was flying along and started having an intermittent low volt light come on with a drop in the voltage to just above…

Started by Charles Clayton

3 Jun 12, 2019
Reply by Charles Clayton

Don’t fret...

I recently noticed a damp patch on top of my Rotax 912uls engine while doing a preflight check. I couldn’t see any obvious source of the le…

Started by Shay King

6 Apr 16, 2019
Reply by Ken Ryan

Fuel

I’m curious as to what people think should be the fuel to use in the 912 (ULS) and then what they actually do. I’ve been using the highest…

Started by Paul Sanders

5 Feb 13, 2019
Reply by Bob Hartunian

Electrical questions

Anyone out there able and willing to talk how they wired, switched, and protected their external voltage regulator on their 912? If so plea…

Started by Jim and Amelia Isaacs

0 Feb 12, 2019

Coolant overflow bottle

The Zenith 912 FWF kit comes with a coolant overflow bottle that looks to me like a medical irrigation bottle, but the published installati…

9 Jan 17, 2019
Reply by Jim and Amelia Isaacs

Oil tank vent/purge

I’m installing the engine and the manual depicts a hose connected from the vent fitting on the tank neck simply dropping down to an exit ar…

3 Jan 11, 2019
Reply by Shay King

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service