Open Discussion Forums (non model specific) (2,172)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

750 Flaperon skins

Has anyone else had trouble bending the skins to fit the flaperons? I had a horrible time and eventually ended up "crinking" the trailing e…

Started by Dr. Edward L. Olds III

12 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Chumphol Sirinavin

Center Spar Upgrade

Is there a reason why a whole NEW center spar structure [instead of the existing 0.040"]cannot be made from 0.063" 6061-t6 or 2024-T3 with…

Started by Alan

0 Nov 25, 2009

Q&A - Safety Alert and SAIB - Zodiac XL / CH 650

This Q&A is now closed and replaced with a new Q&A based on the latest upgrade drawings at http://zenithair.com/zodiac/xl/data/6-ZU

Started by Matt Heintz

251 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by Matt Heintz

ch801

I enjoyed completing the CH801 Rudder in 3 days at the workshop. Everything fit, and I got the 10mm standard edge distance for rivets. I've…

Started by Ron

0 Nov 22, 2009

Post 601XL/650 Upgrade Requirements

I'm getting ready to start my upgrade. But, I have a question. What are the FAA and Log Book entry requirements upon completion of the upgr…

Started by Bill Bartlett

5 Nov 20, 2009
Reply by Bill Bartlett

Maintenance vs. Alteration?

Am I overly optimistic, or does the terminology "wing maintenance" mean that inspection by an FAA appointed person such as a DAR will not b…

Started by Stephen Mineart

1 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Dr. Edward M. Moody II

electrical system circuit protection

I'm getting near the point of adding the electrical system to the 601XL I'm building. I would be interested to hear some commentary on the…

Started by Jim Belcher

13 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by david shrader

Odyssey Batteries for Jabiru engines at Interstate Batteries Stores

I recently had a hard time finding an Odyssey 680 battery for my Jabiru powered CH 601. I went to Interstate Batteries to find a substitute…

Started by Brad DeMeo

2 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Patrick Hoyt

To prime O not to prime???

Hello All, I'm new to the site--just started the rudder of my 701. The question is---should I prime everything internally as built?? I liv…

Started by Dave Glass

6 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Chumphol Sirinavin

Air Speed Indicator

I had my first flight yesterday. It was very very exiting after 3 years of building and problems. I seem to have moved onto a new phase of…

Started by Gordon Watkin

7 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Andrew Aston

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Transition Training:

Pro Builder Assistance

Pro Builder Assistance

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

© 2019   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service