Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
November 2018 Zenith factory workshop.
Zenith Aircraft Company's factory workshops are popular with sport aviation enthusiasts, giving them the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in building their own Zenith Aircraft kit plane. Participants get the opportunity to actually start assembling kit parts under the direction and guidance of factory professionals.
Of course, going up for a demo flight is an important part of the workshop experience!
Participants "graduate" from the workshop upon completing construction of their own aircraft rudder tail section for one of Zenith Aircraft Company's popular kit aircraft designs, including the popular new Zenith CH 750 series or the sleek CH 650 cruiser.
During the educational workshop you can start building your own Zenith aircraft (the rudder tail section of either the ZODIAC, STOL CH 701, STOL CH 750, or CH 750 Cruzer), and learn about:
– Reading and understanding blue-prints (plans & manuals) and yes, we use the metric system….
– Principles of sheet-metal construction
– The advantages of working with sheet-metal (vs. other materials)
– Metal aircraft building and assembly techniques and tips
– Measuring, drilling and riveting (assembling the Zenair kit)
– Tools, workshop and skills required to build your all-metal aircraft
– Hints and short-cuts in assembling a kit
– Metal kit aircraft maintenance and corrosion protection
– The advantages of building, owning and flying a Zenair aircraft
– and much more…
(This video was taken at the November 2018 workshop)