I bought Jon Croke's excellent DVD on scratch building, which gave me heaps of ideas and methods that I probably wouldn't have thought of myself.
Made a bending brake just out of a hinged piece of Tas Oak on the side of the workbench (with another piece on the top which has an aluminium strip screwed to the edge with a 3mm routed edge for bending). At the moment I just screw this to the workbench when bending something, but have just bought a very stiff length of square section extrusion which will allow me to clamp the bending edge down instead.
I cut out all the parts for the rudder, bent, drilled and clecoed them together. As per the DVD I made forms out of solid timber (good old Tas Oak again - 20mm flooring) but as I haven't got a vice yet, clamped them to the workbench and bashed downwards with the rubber mallet. This seemed to work pretty well, even with the tight radius on the tip rib.
While I was making forms, I made the forms for the rear wing ribs. Because of the width I couldn't use the boards I'd used for the rudder ribs, so I faced them with Eco Ply which I glued and screwed to scrap particle board.
I've started work on the elevator ribs forms now. Before I finish the rudder skeleton I want to corrosion-proof each part. A fellow builder here in Tas told me about a Savannah he bought for parts - 2 years old and heaps of corrosion in it.
One thing I have realised on this build - you don't need a whole lot of expensive tools to get started, in a lot of cases brute force & ignorance is enough...