Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
Getting back into the groove building the plane after spending time building the floats. Here's a few pictures showing progress: The baggage area went together rather smoothly except that the lower baggage floor and seat base did not come together as shown on the plans...the seat base was about a half inch higher than the plan location. The same for the center armrest...the top of the center armrest was about a half inch higher than the control tunnel top. I put L's across the seat base where they should have mated the baggage floor and they will be riveted. I bent the seat base angles slightly downward to cover the rivet line and mate with the baggage floor. I cut the center armrest sidewalls lower to match the control tunnel. The tops of the armrest and tunnel are secured with rivnuts for accessibility. George Race access plates allow access to the wiring under the baggage floor and seat base.
The Viking steel bungee and motor mount are installed: