Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
After I melted part of one of the seat covers, I had to order an additional yard of material to complete the repairs. The repairs took only a couple of small pieces so I was left with lots of extra material for some more upholstery projects.
When I leave my home base for other airports, I like to carry my tow bar for easy maneuvering and parking. It is a long clunky piece and there is not a good place to stow it. I decided to use some of the extra material and pleating foam to make a padded storage bag for the tow bar.
I dipped the hand hold area in Plasti-dip so it will not rattle as much. Some more of the green dog/horse lead was used for the handle. I also personalized it with the N number using my wife’s Brother SE400 sewing/embroidery machine. So far, I like it.
As mentioned in previous blogs, I also made pads for the shoulder harness and modified my center armrest. The armrest was a cheap plastic one from JC Whitney. When flying I would rest my elbow on the padded top, but I always had to add a folded up towel to make it more comfortable. So I removed the vinyl top, added about 4"
of the left over seat foam trimmings and covered it with upholstery fabric.
Still have material left, but have run out of ideas for more accessories.