Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
Added by Mike Armstrong on January 26, 2017 at 10:59am — No Comments
I have another riveted assembly to check off the list for my Cruzer. :)Continue
Added by Chris Boultinghouse on January 23, 2017 at 10:32pm — No Comments
2009 ZENITH ZODIAC 601XLB • $42,500 • LIGHT-SPORT AIRCRAFT FOR SALE! • 2009 Zenith Zodiac 601XLB less than 111 Hrs TT Airframe/Engine 2700/100HP Corvair, Weseman 5th Bearing, Sensenich wood prop, ICOM 200, Mode C KT76A Transponder,…Continue
Added by Marvin Penepent on January 22, 2017 at 5:53pm — No Comments
This is a tool that is often seen in a machine shop to measure angles. I have known about them for a while, but only recently acquired one.
Things I found useful about the protractor that will make it a regularly used tool for me.
1. The protractor can be locked down to a give angle.
2. There is a broad face on the arms to make it easier place against surfaces I am measuring..
3. It was very easy to see any gaps between the surfaces and the protractor…Continue
I was able to leak test the installed pilot gas tank with air saving a great deal of grief.
I capped vent tube with rubber cap and clamp, pressure gauge in fuel line and air hose in fuel return line.
The gas cap was sealed with double sheet of saran wrap.
The pressure was 2-3 PSI and the tank was installed and gas tank skin was clecoed closed.
It was much easier than disassembly and bench testing with gas.
The tank needed to be installed for this…Continue
Added by Terrence "Dr. Terry" Hall on January 18, 2017 at 7:25am — No Comments
Here's a video link to the SpaceX rocket launch from 4000 ft just outside the launch area over Lompoc airport.
Time to report back on my CH750 build. What has been done so far :
1) CH750 : stabilitor is finished but not closed. It is full symmetrical to match the symmetrical elevator.
2) CH750 : wing are done - not closed and inspecting them right now...
3) CH750 : ordered some control parts (aileron mixer) to finish the setup. Got the rudder pedals and brakes/reservoirs
4) CH750 : aileron + flap skeltons are being…Continue
The last day of 2016 saw the first completed section of my 750 Cruzer!Continue
I have the standard Rotax 912ULS setup with Ducati regulator/rectifier and 22,000uF capacitor. I’m having some issues with a small amount of smoke in the engine bay that briefly enters the cabin and then clears. More often is an electrical smell, very sporadically during flight. I have noticed it more often with higher RPMs during takeoff but also at intermittent times throughout flight. I've had several people look over the plane with no definitive diagnosis. Concerned that it might be the…Continue