We got five 2x2 four foot tubes of aluminum that have been a real help setting up the parts when they are clecoed. tried using wood but good wood is really hard to find and you need the full four inches or two inches elevation.
Tom Lester and I started this project October 08 and are working about three days/wk for about six hours. Estimate 500 hours thus far. We are going to the factory next week to get the fuselege, slats and flaperons. The wings and tail feathers are finished. The kit is well laid out and all the predrilled holes have lined up as expected. In a way I think we are doing the easier parts and will have more of a challange on the fuselege and controls.
We placed the gas guage on top of the tank...there was enough space and I like the idea of the guage on top of the tank. We put in a Dynon pitot on the left wing just out from the strut fitting. Not sure we will go with the Dynon or a simple panel like a Cub. I have a Zenith altimeter made about 1920 by Zenith Instrument Company. That would be interesting.