Hello wonderful people 

Just logging as i build. 

12×4 table build video 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6kVQHJvZn1M

Ch650 rudder inventory video log 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0p2QOrbVI

Everything looked great coming out of the box, i only ran into 1 hiccup that has stopped me from starting the rudder, if it is a non issue im sure someone will chime in. 

The inventory slip has a note stating that the vertical horn, upper bearing, and fairing, are  supplied with the tail kit. However the instructions and also a possibly outdated video on youtube of zenith building a rudder fully, shows those parts being installed and riveted from the inside, meaning if i complete the rudder, and install the skin, i wont be able to install the upper bearing, etc. With the rivets being driven from the inside.  Not sure if theres a reason the parts were left out i dont know about so im holding off until i hear more from zenith, phone was busy today. 

Other than that, the rudder kit is all there, no holes match drilled or anything but thats a non issue (the old video refered to match drilling from the factory so its just cleco and rivet), everything looks good and im ready to party, just waiting on those extra (or not so extra) parts ive ordered, unless theres a reason i shouldnt need them. 

Will start driling the doublers tomorrow. 

Views: 681

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Update- confirned those parts arent needed yet

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service