Zenith 750 STOL Project Not for Sale anymore. Will Be completed.

Below is my original post. However I has decided to finish the aircraft and remove it from the classified ads. Thanks to all of those who were interested. A couple who actually looked at the plane help to encourage me to finish it. It too will probably live in florida. 

Do to retirement and buying a plane in Florida I plan to sell my Zenith 750 project. I have completed all of the major metal parts, The plane is standing on it's gear with wings attached, tail all attached, The cabin, doors and windows have been finished too. I have everything needed to complete including the firewall forward for the ulpower engine. Have extra tundra tires and a viking front suspension to replace the bungie. have led nav lights, extra nice upholstered adjustable seats. Lots of parts have been powder coated. All put together with corrosion protection, even dipped the rivets.  I haven't torqued the attachment bolts down so it is easy to disassemble. There is still lots to do including rigging the rudder, elevator and flaperons. Install ulpower engine of your choice, and avionics of your choice. I'm now finalizing the hours I put in so far... a few thousand for sure. Also haven't determined the selling price but I'm ready to give a great deal, probably less than I've paid plus free labor. Email if interested. The plane is in Terre haute Indiana at KHUF airport. Jeff McNabb

Views: 780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be interested in this as I was just getting ready to order my kit.  I live in west central Illinois.

Larry

I be happy to show it to you or discuss it with you. Jeff 

Hi Larry,

The person that came and looked at my plane today did not buy it. He if offering himself as a reference to the build quality, If you want to call him let me know. Jeff

Hey Jeff 

Do you have any pics?

Paul

Hi Paul, I've attached a few pictures. Jeff

Attachments:

Several people have asked if I have determined what the price would be. I have more than 30K invested in the STOL kit. I'm asking 27,500. OBO. I'm happy to hear any reasonable offer. I think the build quality is excellent. It includes a factory built fuselage, and it is 90% ready for the ULPower engine and avionics package. I've also been asked what is left to do. Here is how I would sequence finishing the project.

I would begin by disassembling the major pieces off the plane, take all of the cabin moldings off, remove the windows, un-rivet the top of the dash panel. Now would be the time to paint anything you want to paint. Then put it back together, torque all bolts, safety wire where needed, begin rigging the cables, control rods, hook brakes up, install the engine and avionics, get all systems working correctly, button down the front panel and glass. I’ve never like the rubber piece on the front glass, so I would change that to a combination of rubber and make a new fiberglass molding for it. I have machined moldings for most of the plexiglass, but not the front rubber piece, now I would create a fiberglass piece to hide it. There’s a Zenith Builder on YouTube (Kitplane enthusist) that did this on his 750 cruiser and it looks great.  I’d guess there is about 100 hours of work left not counting the engine or avionics installation. I'll be glad to help the future owner take the plane apart and load it on a big trailer of truck. I also want to add a thought if you are new to Zenith. The folks at Zenith have simply been outstanding in their willingness to help take care of your needs after you make a purchase. This is as important as the kit plane you purchase. Jeff 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service