LOOKING FOR INFO, PICTURES, AILERONS, AILERON DIMENSIONS ,wing envelope, PARTS, ENGINES? I am restoring one of the originals. C-IEXB. 2seat 2engine trainer. The aileron profile looks similar to the CH 701 of which l have built two, so that seems simple.ha.

Views: 2021

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have plans for 701, so could come up with info on 701 airlerons ,if necessary ! Also have extra rudder if needed ! Tom

Hi  Tom

I have built  701's ,what I tried to say was I could build them if the profile is the same.

I also placed an ad in _UPAC_ asking for help. Got a Yahoo Zipper site [little used]  but lots of information.

ULTRALIGHT PILOTS ASSOCIATION in Canada.

Am still looking for another real example of the   ZENAIR ZIPPER with ailerons.

Thank You.  for the help:

Tom

We don't have much info at all on the Zipper ultralight anymore since it was never offered with plans or drawings (but as an assembled airframe). Here are a few old pics from the archives:

Above, three Zippers on the family farm.

Chris Heintz piloting an original Zipper ultralight powered by a JPX engine

Zipper on amphibious floats, this one powered by what looks like a Rotax engine. Notice the Princeton sailwing and recognizable tail sections

A younger version of myself posing in front of a Zipper on a trailer with wings folded.

A few more pics:

Good view of the unique Princeton sailwing trailing edge

Zenair Zipper

THANK YOU     

Sebastien    I am recieving more info as time goes on,have not found another example yet.

Will pass on pictures and hard copies .

I have built 2 -  CH701's from plans    C-IFQT      C-IFLX

Had a Ultralight school at YKF.    Helped finish about 10 ---  701's , rigged,test flew and checked their 

owners out.     Loved every minute.

Tom

I purchased a used Zipper about 20 years ago.  It was a single seat with the JPX engine.  I was able to get the engine running, but I didn't trust it enough to try flying it.  I sold it and bought a Quicksilver GT400.  Guy bought it and put it in his barn.  It might still be there.  Here is the only picture that I have of my Zipper with my wife sitting in the seat and my son standing beside it:  

Hi    JAY

My Reply may have gotten lost.I think you are in Ohio, The barn location could be helpful.

Thank You

Tom Mills

49 Dufferin st.

Guelph Ont.Cdn

N1A 4A2

1 519 822 6693        millfly@sympatico.ca

I'll see if I can find it.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service