Just got a Continental O200 engine.

Have no idea what prop should I choose.

Please help me, my friends.

Views: 3295

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tom I am useing the whirlwind 2 blade ground adjustable prop it seems to work extremely well. took off my warp drive and increased the cruise to a easy 120-125 mph it wil go faster but takes more gas check it out at the whirlwind sight. This is on my 601xl with cont. 0200. Also have the same on my ch750 with jab. power
Thanks Doug

Dear Doug Dugger,

I am planning to mount my O200 to my ch750, but has no accessories parts, where did you buy all the accesories?

Tom - Money no object; Sensenich composite 2 or 3 blade ground adjustable large diameter..... Money tight; Warp Drive 3 blade ground adjustable minimum 70" diameter. Prop diameter (large) is key on a STOL aircraft. My opinion.

Chris
My budget is under $1500, thanks for your suggestion.
Tom, I am using the Whirlwind ground adjustable composite prop on my 750. I wanted to be able to change pitch and save weight. It weighs 12 lbs complete, good luck with it, Jim
How much for it? 3 blades? I am interested in it, if we make a comparison is it better than warp drive?
Hi Tom,

I too have an O-200A for my CH750. I bought a W72CK44 which seemed like a good fit. Had a chat with Sensenich on this.. The CK wood props are for A65 type engines, not for the C90 or O200. However, it should still work and reliably so, just not the absolutely perfect prop for the O200. His suggestion was the W72GK44 for the middle-of-the-road prop (make it 46 or 42 for climb/cruise prop). He also suggested the adjustable composite for maybe $3000 (on sale for less than that elsewhere): 2EK-C72AE4. The person I talked to was Steve and we spent a good 20 min on the phone.

I bought my W72CK44 from a souped-up Citabria owner at $850. I'll put it on and fly for a while before forking out for maybe the composite. I think the understanding for STOL is to have longer blades without getting too close to the ground (vs 3 short blades).

Looking at your picture, you have a cover on the vacuum pump slot. Do you have a part number you can read off it? I need that part and can't find the part number, have checked the continental docs...

Keep us updated on the prop/engine developments...

-Ghazan
Thanks a lot Ghazan, I have a composite 3 blades ground adjustable, but the prop hub does not fit o200 engine.
I was thinking a 2 blades aluminum alloy prop would be more stronger than the composite in some extend.
I have checked my o200, the cover printed 628018, the same as Roger replied.
In the above picture, what strikes me is that there is no vacuum pump adapter, the one that turns at an angle. I thought this part number is attached to the vacuum pump adapter, but the picture shows no vacuum pump adapter, this is a relatively rigid plate replacing it. I'm glad Tom confirms it, I'll make sure I order this part No.

I've heard the merits of both removing the vertical gear and not removing it. If the cover seals it well, I'll remove the gear (engine currently has been drained) else I'll leave it in there.
Tom - Just a note from my research and experimental study. Length of the cord on a prop plays a major role into what length(diameter) the prop would have to be to get it's maximum efficiency.

Chris

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service