Feed back...Best engine combo for the Zenith 750?  Neil

Views: 14324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Neil

What is your mission? (And budget)All of these engines are going to work well.  In a stol you will be able to go 90 or 100 mph.

You will be at pattern altitude by the end of a 5000 ft runway.  Do you plan to operate at high density altitudes?

Then you may want a little extra power.

Personally i have a corvair 3.0 with 15 hrs into phase one.

No you cannot climb at 50 mph for five minutes but the climb performance is simular at 60.  Some other engines are not rated for max continuous power.  The sound of the corvair cannot be beat.  I also know if it ever needs work that is something i can do and for minimal expense.

Also you will want to research what kind of firewall forward kits are available.  Some engines need a header tank and multiple fuel pumps. I prefer my gravity fed carby.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service