The National Weather Service has been updating the data offered to the public, we pay for and they're doing a great job making it available. Here are a couple of links. There is an incredible amount of data, but you have to spend time using the site.

Aviation Digital Data Service (ADDS)

National Weather Service  Click on the Satellite tab and then mouse over Infrared, Visible and Water Vapor for different views.

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Jake,

I agree with you.  I find the old aviation weather info we are traditional expected to use to be garbage when compared to modern tools.

I use the following:

Graphical Forecasts

Desktop version of Flight Path Tool

I also use this commercial site: Aviation weather

I use Graphical Forecasts to see weather across longer distances and multiple days.  You can see how a front is expected to move across the country.  You can see expected cloud cover.

I use flight path tool primarily for winds aloft. I have flown many a long-haul trip either down on the deck or at 10,000 feet based on this information.

The Aviation weather website lets you see the current status of many airports and TAFs (translated into English).  You can see moving radar overlayed. You can also get airport info (fuel, hours of operation etc).

Steve

Steve, you're confusing me with so much information ;-) Knowledge is power and flying in marginal weather is usually by choice, not because of the lack of information.

I learned many years ago that flying on good days increases the chances of having a great flight :-)

Jake

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service