Looking for a good used air rivet puller. Have replaced (2) hand pullers & trashed the Ebay air puller!

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Habour Frieght sells new air riveter for $40 - $60. Usually by the time a riveter appears on ebay its already flogged. Buy a new cheaper quality gun... it only has to last your 8,000 rivets.
Charles, ZAC sells an excellent Pneumatic Riveter for $89.20 with machined heads for A4 and A5 rivets. I've had mine for almost 5 years and it still works great. Only issue I have is the allen screws work themselves loose and the gun will leak air. A smart guy would use some thread lock .... and not have to mess with the screws every few years.

And I purchased the hand riveter from ZAC, WD-40 solved a lack of pulling issue a few years ago and adding a washer under the head restored the riveter to as good as new working condition a month ago.

I would not purcahase such an important and useful tool 2nd hand. We spend 000's on these babies, they need to be babied with suitable tools - and a saving of $10 today is a loss of $60 next week... in my humble experience..

Valid observation about those bolts on the penumatic - had to Loctite 243 them within a few weeks of starting use! BTW we actually inject a few drops of oil into the reveter before attaching the air line - it seems to have a positive effect on tool life.

I have washed the jaws of the riveter (which is what I assume you did with the WD40 with silicone spray too - it leaves less deposits and seems to work as well or better than the WD40/Q80 type stuff. Has anybody changed the jaws (they should be cheap)...???

I like the washer option - very innovative...and a quick fix too!!

You must have more tricks to share!!

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service