ok everyone, I’m about to commit to a Viking 110 engine for my 601 HD. So I’m wondering if anyone has had reliability issues.  I’ve heard good things, but has anyone had problems, like getting parts, or support from Jan if needed? Has the cooling system worked well? Any fuel delivery problems with the injectors? Any electrical problems? How about mounting issues-is there ample information on how to mount? Etc, etc....

thanks all....

Views: 13897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 110 in my CH701.  It's the smoothest running engine I've ever flown behind with the exception of turbines.  I've had excellent results with Jan and Samantha in response to questions and parts even though they were in the middle of fending off a hurricane one time.  I live wayyyy out of town in the Texas hill country and mail/UPS/Fedex delivery can be iffy and yet they still get it to me.

I love the 110, plenty of power and at cruise I burn 4.4 gph.  

Thanks Bob, yeah, I haven’t heard anything bad about the 110 so far, all looks good.

Do you have any pics of the installation ?  Seriously considering the 110 for my 701 but cant find much info on the Viking website regarding weight, price, etc. 

There are over 100 Viking 110 installation videos on youtube.  Just search for Viking 110

Here is an example

Thanks Jan!

Hi Jan

Also, there is no longer any data about the 110 as far as I can see on the Viking website. I’m sure there is tons out there. Can you point me in the right direction to get more information about it?

Thanks! I’m in touch with Alissa about a probable 110 purchase.

Scott

The first link on the installation page is for the 110.

HERE

You can buy engine manuals here

HERE

And then a huge library of how to's on Ebay

Thanks Jan!

Hi Jim, right, Viking no longer makes the 110, so the site doesn’t have much info. I think they are trying to get rid of their left overs. Which I’ll take at a good price.  Also, that aerovee kit looks pretty awesome. Building my own engine would be fun, and of course the price is right. Maybe I could go to my corvette after market place and get open headers, iridium plugs, racing ecu.....  boost the horsepower a bit.  :)

If you're talking about a Corvair, I could be mistaken, but I believe they weight around the same as a Viking 130 or O-200.

According to a whole bunch of photo descriptions in the zodiak 601 photo gallery, there are plenty of 601 HD’s with O-235, corvair, 0-200’s in them, all about the same weight as the Viking 130. So I might just throw a 130 in there. Because of the design of the wing, top speed would not increase much, but if I kept the weight down elsewhere it would climb like a rocket! 

Ive found a Jibaru 85 hp with 300 TT.....would like 100, but it seems the 701 still gets airborne quickly with the 85 based on the YouTube video.  Im still looking at how light an O-200 can be constructed.  

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service