Pretty sure I'm the first customer delivery of the Unpanel mount. It's VERY solid and heavier than I expected. Almost 9 pounds...

Views: 1450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have they given you a projected weight for the display panel?

John

N750A

I am probably going to do my own solution for this so I'm not sure. As light as possible :-)

Looks like those 2 massive swing arms could have a series of lightening holes to shed some weight (if they don't have any internal mechanisms!).

Yeah, it's REALLY over built. I think mounted right I could easily sit on them and have them hold me up.

I can't tell from the photo what it is or its purpose.  Guess I will have to google unpanel mount.  :-)

since it replaces the stadard panel is it consiidered structural?

I was considering a similar mod to my 701 and was told by ZAC that the panel is structural as expected so I abandoned that. I don't know anything about the unpanel but if it replaces the panel I would think it likely structural??

9# is huge.

Well I googled and did not find anything like this.  Can someone supply a link to the vendor?  I gather it replaces the instrument panel but don't really see how just from the photo.

The reference model for this is the 750 SD. Sebastien has several YouTube videos on it. 

It doesn’t come with drawings or instructions so when they get back from Florida I hope to get some info on mounting it to the firewall.

BTW I did a podcast with the Avionics company that came up with the idea. I will probably be doing my own screen and avionics for it though

https://evadot.com/2017/11/02/evadot-podcast-108-disruption-in-avio...

Thank you Michael!  Really only good for an all-in-one, I guess.

I think it really is up to your imagination. While the Avilution reference solution has a panel from a Tesla car and Levil technologies box under the passenger seat, Zenith is only providing the mount. 

It’s sturdy enough that you could design just about anything on this thing and make it movable. 

I have a couple sketches I’ve done where I even considered a 10” Dynon screen with the Viking engine monitor below it.

Up to you really.

Understand.  But when you have a Skyview, D6, radio, autopilot, transponder, etc., a panel is pretty nice to have.  Unpanel looks like it would be great for a minimum number of units with capability to move left an right so in front of pilot or copilot.  Maybe be my imagination is limited.  :-)

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service