I was curious how many have felt the need to put dual brakes on their 701/750 if you went with larger wheels and tires. If you did go that direction, did you order a kit or just extra caliber and plate from Matco

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did not put dual brakes on my 801. There are times I wish I had. I think I would do so if I were building now.

I put them in my Cruzer...just bought an extra set from Matco and also the appropriate fittings from Zenith.  If you ever want to have instruction in your plane, the instructor needs a set of pedals.

I think he's asking about "dual puck" not about whether or not to put brakes on the passenger side.

It’s not that much more work, or money?

If Ken is correct, IMO if you have the larger tires you definitely need dual pucks based on my previous experience.  Makes a very big difference.  Matco makes the kit for adding the extra puck.

I wonder, so long as the brakes are adequate for landings, why worry about being able to hold at 4,000 rpm?  After all, you likely wouldn't hold during a run-up on a gravel or grassy run-ways anyway.   

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service